On behalf of the Village council and staff, welcome to the Village of Clive, the Village of Opportunity! Clive is an aesthetically beautiful community of approximately 715 residents and is maintaining steady growth. Located in Central Alberta just 15 minutes east of Lacombe and only 30 minutes from Red Deer, we are an affordable and ideal spot for an enjoyable country living atmosphere yet have quick access to all amenities.
Clive itself hosts numerous services and facilities – Hotel, Banking services, Post office, Grocery store, Motel, Sports Bar, Arena, Curling rink, skateboard park, catering business, soccer field and baseball diamonds are just some of our advantages, not to mention our service clubs and volunteers and a fire department which is second to none.
We are also proud of our K-9 Clive School which is known to be one of the very best in all of Alberta!
We welcome you to consider our Village to be your next home or even the site of your business venture, as we also have room for commercial and industrial growth!
Drop in for a visit!
You’ll be glad you did!
Mayor Luci Henry
Upcoming Events – Also look under the Calendar tab for more information
Isolation for travelers and those with or exposed to COVID is as follows;
o Any individual who has traveled outside of Canada must go into mandatory self-isolation for 14 days from their return, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of any symptoms should they occur, whichever is longer.
o Any individual who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms must self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days from the start of their symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer. Symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or a sore throat.
o Any individual who has been identified by Alberta Health Services as a close contact of a person(s) with COVID-19 must go into mandatory self-isolation for 14 days from the date of last having been exposed to COVID-19, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of any symptoms should they occur, whichever is longer.
To add an event to the calendar please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Preparedness Week – May 2-8, 2021
Are you prepared?
Get great info at:
Emergency Preparedness Guide – 72 Hours Guide for Emergency Preparedness
What should people do if friends/loved ones refuse to isolate?
· Remind the person that not following public health orders is against the law and puts people at risk. Law enforcement now has full authority to enforce public health orders and issue fines.
· Take proper precautions and if possible, distance yourself from the individual to limit your risk of exposure if they have symptoms.
· If there are supports that person needs to isolate, consider what options your community may have to provide those supports and encourage the person to reach out to those services.
· If necessary, submit a complaint online or call 1-833-415-9179.
COVID-19 public health orders are enforceable by law
Residents can pay bills by credit card. They are charged a 2.5% fee from PaySimply.
Helpful resources for Info re: Coronavirus from Alberta Health Services
No Discharge of Fireworks within Clive
Reminder that according to the Village of Clive’s Fire Protection By-Law no person shall discharge any fireworks, amateur or professional, within the corporate limits of Clive.
The only exception is for qualified personnel that have obtained a valid permit from Clive’s Fire Chief.
- https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/alberta/en – Online Crime Reporting for thefts under $5000
- Fortis Outage App
- 2016 Census Results – for the Village of Clive
- Clive Crime Map
- ucahelps.alberta.ca to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving utility related issues. The website provides a list of energy retailers as well.
- https://www.lightcatch.net/ – Stop crime/ stop theft/ stop trouble App